COMMITMENT TO COUNTERING DAESH
The Democratic Federation of North Syria is committed to countering the threats of the Islamic State and Islamic extremism and jihadism in all forms. As part of this mission, the DFNS has joined forces with the multinational Global Coalition Against Daesh, led by the United States. The military units under the lead of the DFNS are the most effective ground forces in the ongoing battle against these extremist threats, and with the support of the Coalition, have become the main defenders of freedom and equality for the world as a whole. These coordinated military efforts have had immense impact in reducing the threat the Islamic State poses to global security, successfully reducing and degrading ISIS capacity, size, and influence.
The DFNS is fully dedicated to eradicating the threat of extremism and protecting the ideals of freedom and equality for all. Alongside the essential partners operating in the Coalition, the DFNS pledges to continue to work towards the successful completion of this mission, with the ultimate goal of creating a safe and peaceful world where all peoples are respected and free regardless of gender, race, religion, or ethnicity.
DFNS’s commitment to combating ISIS extremists:
- It’s time to untangle the mess in Syria. Here’s how to do it. washingtonpost (07 February 2018)
- Kurdish YPG will be part of efforts to isolate Raqqa: U.S. commander. reuters (26 October 2016)
- Christian Syriac women who have left behind jobs to take up arms in fight against ISIS. dailymail (13 December 2015)
- Clinton: U.S. should support Kurdish women fighting Islamic State. washingtonpost (03 December 2014)
- Isis launches attack on Kobani from inside Turkey for first time. theguardian (29 November 2014)