COMMITMENT TO COUNTERING DAESH
The Self-Administration in North and East Syria is committed to countering the threats of the Islamic State Daesh (ISIS), and jihadism in all forms. As part of this mission, the SANES has joined forces with the multinational Global Coalition Against Daesh, led by the United States. The military units of North Syria, the Syrian Democratic Forces, SDF, are the most effective ground force in the region against these extremist threats, and with the support of the Coalition, have become the main defenders of freedom and equality for Syria and the world as a whole. These coordinated military efforts have had immense impact in reducing the threat the Islamic State poses to global security, successfully degrading ISIS capacity, size, and influence in the region. Before the liberation of regions like Raqqa, Manbij, and Tabqa by the Syrian Democratic Forces, they had become the center of Daesh for planning attacks in Europe and U.S., and other parts of the world. Now by the sacrifice of those brave units of SDF, the globe is safer.
The SANES is fully dedicated to eradicating the threat of extremism and protecting the ideas of freedom and equality for all. Alongside the essential partners operating in the Coalition, the SANES pledges to continue to work towards the successful completion of this mission, with the ultimate goal of creating a safe and peaceful world and a Syria where all peoples are respected and free regardless of gender, race, religion, or ethnicity.
SANES commitment to combating ISIS extremists:
- It’s time to untangle the mess in Syria. Here’s how to do it. washingtonpost (07 February 2018)
- Kurdish YPG will be part of efforts to isolate Raqqa: U.S. commander. reuters (26 October 2016)
- Christian Syriac women who have left behind jobs to take up arms in fight against ISIS. dailymail (13 December 2015)
- Clinton: U.S. should support Kurdish women fighting Islamic State. washingtonpost (03 December 2014)
- Isis launches attack on Kobani from inside Turkey for first time. theguardian (29 November 2014)